Slightly OT: Pete Ashdown for Utah Senator in 2006

Sasha Pachev sasha at asksasha.com
Wed Jul 13 10:59:08 MDT 2005

 >(I recall there being a question on the temple recommend
 >interview regarding something in this direction)...

There is definitely one in the baptismal interview - have you ever been involved
in abortion, payed for someone to have an abortion, or encouraged someone to
have an abortion, etc. This is very serious business.

Regarding the marriage - some have wondered why you need a state license. Let's
begin with the fact that one cannot be baptized or receive a temple recommend if
they are having a "marriage" relationship that has not been acknowledged by the
state. Also, for those who have been to the temple, recall the specific emphasis
on the legal recognition of the marriage in one of the covenants.

When a couple enters in a relationship that has the potential of bearing
children, they are not accountable only to themselves anymore. They are now
accountable to the society for what kind of children they are going to raise.
Thus the state ought to care.

--
Sasha Pachev
AskSasha Linux Consulting