Slightly OT: Pete Ashdown for Utah Senator in 2006

dataw0lf digitalsuicide at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 08:04:07 MDT 2005

Josh Coates wrote:

> but i guess abortion is much more complex than negligent homicide, voluntary
> and involuntary manslaughter, first, second, third degree murder,
> misdemeanor manslaughter, etc.  and the volumes of case law around it, so we
> should probably just skip it, and let it all be legal.

But you're making the jump of when 'human personhood' begins, which, to
my knowledge, has not been properly concluded by either side (the
religious camp nor the medical camp).  I personally think that aborting
a mass of cells is more comparable to lancing a boil then to murder.

This doesn't mean I approve of abortion (I think that someone who is
responsible enough to have sex should understand that their responsible
for the consequences), but I'm a staunch supporter of choice in this
matter, indeed, I advocate it for rape victims, drug addicts, etc.

--

Joshua Simpson -- dataw0lf.org
Lead Network Administrator/Engineer Aero-Graphics Inc.
jsimpson at aero-graphics.com