*WAY* OT: Pete Ashdown for Utah Senator in 2006

Dan Stovall dbstovall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 23:55:38 MDT 2005

> Right, and then before we know it, the church will be constrained by
> the state to marry rednecks with their dogs across the temple
> altar. Seriously, this is about as ``slippery slope'' as one could get
> and is purely alarmist; it assumes an imposition of additional
> governmental interference.

For what it is worth, I agree with you on the marriage debate.  I
think the state should stay out of it all together.  I was merely
explaining, from a political standpoint, why I feel the church takes
the stand it does on gay marriage initiatives.  I don't wholly agree
with it since it is kind of alarmist.  However, when it comes to
assuming some kind of government interference I don't think that you
can really under-estimate what will happen. (i.e. the recent eminent
domain ruling, DMCA, the proposed INDUCE act, etc...)