*WAY* OT: Pete Ashdown for Utah Senator in 2006

Andy Bradford amb-plug at bradfords.org
Tue Jul 12 18:38:13 MDT 2005

Thus said Michael Halcrow on Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:29:01 CDT:

> Each person's  own religious  institution should  ordain ``marriages''
> according to  its own terms; the  state should have little  to do with
> it. As  it now stands,  it actively interferes with  several religious
> institutions'  definitions of  sacred  unions  between two  consenting
> adults. It is a violation civil rights that needs to stop.

I'm  with you  on this  one. I've  never understood  why people  getting
married need  a ``marriage license''  from the state. Shouldn't  this be
something you contract between you, your  wife to be, your wife's father
and mother and God? Whatever happened to common law marriage?

Andy
--
GnuPG ID 0xA63888C9 (D2DA 68C9 BB2B 26B4 8204  2219 A43E F450 A638 88C9)
  6:38pm  up 22 days,  3:15,  1 user,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00