problem accessing/starting secure layer (https)

Matthew Walker matt at thebraingarden.com
Tue Jul 12 15:09:13 MDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 15:08 -0600, bibhor dhungel wrote:
> hi,
> i have been messing with ssl certificate and trying to install one in
> our server.
> after installing the CA signed certificate i restarted the apache 2.x
> . But i cannot seem to access the secure webserver at all. I can
> access the regular website for eg at http://10.0.0.1 but i cannot
> access https://10.0.0.1. When i view the secure log files this is the
> error i see:
> [Tue Jul 12 16:52:49 2005] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName
> (CN) `www.websitename.com' does NOT match server name!?
> I have not done the DNS transfer yet and i thought that i should be
> able to do test out the website without doing that first.
> Thanks

That's just a warning message, and is expected. I don't believe it is
the source of the problem. We're going to need more information though.
Relevant bits of your apache config would be a good start.

--
Matthew Walker
The Brain Garden, Inc
matt at thebraingarden.com
Work: (801) 655-1075
Home: (801) 491-2079
Page: (801) 283-9887 (Emergencies Only)

Random Quote:
Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.