Slightly OT: Pete Ashdown for Utah Senator in 2006

Dan Wilson dan at acucore.com
Tue Jul 12 13:51:29 MDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 12:59 -0600, Eric Jensen wrote:
> Josh Hansen wrote:
>
> >Someone who is "pro-choice" doesn't necessarily think it's okay for them
> >to get an abortion personally, only that they don't think the government
> >should outlaw it for those who don't have religious beliefs against it.
> > Perhaps that is what she meant.  Is it wrong, according to LDS
> >doctrine,    to support the legalization of things that are forbidden by
> >LDS doctrine, since not everybody is LDS?

When it comes to murder, yes, it is wrong.

> That's more of how I see it.  "Pro-choice" doesn't mean "guaranteed
> abortion", it means exactly what it says it means, that you would like
> the choice.  Many pro-choice decide to not have an abortion when the
> decision comes around, they just don't want the decisions made for
> them.  So you can be very LDS and be pro-choice.  Your choice will just
> be to not have the abortion.

So, say I believe that murder is ok if I really, really don't like the
person.  That's my belief... the government shouldn't force other's
beliefs on my.

That argument doesn't make sense when a human life is involved.  Sure,
my example is more clean cut, but it's still a human life.

-Dan

PS.  I don't want to get into this on a linux list, so I won't say
anything more about it.  I just had to comment this one time.