Asterisk and the Digium Wildcard TE110P (Slightly On Topic)

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Tue Jul 12 13:19:41 MDT 2005

Plug list -

I'm getting rid of my TDM cards and looking to use a TE110P with my
ISP/TelCo (ELI) and Asterisk.

Does anyone have any experience with this card?  I'm especially
interested in the part about using it for data and voice.  Right now we
have a product from ELI called the "Custom T".  It's a truncated T1.  We
get data from one half and voice on the other (via POTS).  We want PRI
for the voice and we don't know what we want for the data.  The choices
are...

      * Cicso HDLC
      * HDLC
      * PPP
      * Multilink PPP
      * Frame Relay

What have you all setup?  What is the easiest/best?

Thanks,
Gabe

>From the product page (http://tinyurl.com/9ocgr):

The TE110P is a single span, selectable T1 (24-channel) card that
supports all the functionality of our quad T1 card.

This card supports both voice and data modes on its single span.  For
example, the card can support 12 channels dedicated to voice and 12 to
data while passing all traffic through to the Asterisk Open Source PBX,
which reliably routes the channels to their designated locations. This
eliminates the need for an external router.