Slightly OT: Pete Ashdown for Utah Senator in 2006

Eric Jensen eric at emstraffic.com
Tue Jul 12 12:59:00 MDT 2005

Josh Hansen wrote:

>Someone who is "pro-choice" doesn't necessarily think it's okay for them
>to get an abortion personally, only that they don't think the government
>should outlaw it for those who don't have religious beliefs against it.
> Perhaps that is what she meant.  Is it wrong, according to LDS
>doctrine,    to support the legalization of things that are forbidden by
>LDS doctrine, since not everybody is LDS?

That's more of how I see it.  "Pro-choice" doesn't mean "guaranteed
abortion", it means exactly what it says it means, that you would like
the choice.  Many pro-choice decide to not have an abortion when the
decision comes around, they just don't want the decisions made for
them.  So you can be very LDS and be pro-choice.  Your choice will just
be to not have the abortion.

Eric