Slightly OT: Pete Ashdown for Utah Senator in 2006

Matthew Walker matt at thebraingarden.com
Tue Jul 12 12:51:18 MDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 12:49 -0600, Josh Hansen wrote:
> Someone who is "pro-choice" doesn't necessarily think it's okay for them
> to get an abortion personally, only that they don't think the government
> should outlaw it for those who don't have religious beliefs against it.
>  Perhaps that is what she meant.  Is it wrong, according to LDS
> doctrine,    to support the legalization of things that are forbidden by
> LDS doctrine, since not everybody is LDS?

Wow. I've had almost this exact conversation with my wife on a few
occasions. I'm the kind of 'pro-choice' you describe. I personally
believe that the LDS Church has it right, but I also don't believe that
it is my place to push my beliefs on people using the law of the land.
They have free agency, just like I do. And they can choose to make bad
decisions.
--
Matthew Walker
The Brain Garden, Inc
matt at thebraingarden.com
Work: (801) 655-1075
Home: (801) 491-2079
Page: (801) 283-9887 (Emergencies Only)

Random Quote:
Just don't make the '9' format pack/unpack numbers... :-)
-- Larry Wall in <199710091434.HAA00838 at wall.org>