remote reset

Ryan Erickson ryan at ericksonfamily.com
Tue Jul 12 08:40:33 MDT 2005

There are commercially-available watchdog timers and heartbeat monitors
available.  I unfortunately don't have a recommendation, as I've never
needed them.

Something like this, assuming you can get Linux software for the heartbeat...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=56100&item=5787506905&rd=1

If I were doing it for a home / non-commercial setting, I'd probably just
build something with a Basic Stamp to monitor the serial tty, and look for
the panic message and / or a heartbeat message sent to the tty.  It'd be
easy to have the Basic Stamp open / close a contact to cause a relay
closure attached to the reset button.

Ryan