Slightly OT: Pete Ashdown for Utah Senator in 2006

Carl Youngblood carl.youngblood at
Mon Jul 11 19:49:04 MDT 2005

Fusion does not produce anywhere near the amount of waste that current
fission reactors do (which is what he was referring to when he talked about
nuclear testing), and fusion byproducts only last about 100 years, while
fission byproducts last over 100,000 years. No doublethink there.