Slightly OT: Pete Ashdown for Utah Senator in 2006

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at carnageblender.com
Mon Jul 11 16:24:13 MDT 2005

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:56:41 -0400, "Joel Shellman"
<jshellman at gmail.com> said:
> On 7/11/05, Topher Fischer <javert42 at cs.byu.edu> wrote:
> > Ya, but why would you want to waste your vote on a third-party candidate?
> > (Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.)
>
> Has there been anyone with any reasonable amount of notice or
> influence that has suggested changing the absurd one person one vote
> system we currently have?

Political scientists with a game-theoretical bent have been talking
about this for a long, long time.

Of course switching to approval voting or any of the alternatives will
never happen, because the biggest losers would be exactly those who have
the most power currently.

-Jonathan