Slightly OT: Pete Ashdown for Utah Senator in 2006

Joel Shellman jshellman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:56:41 MDT 2005

On 7/11/05, Topher Fischer <javert42 at cs.byu.edu> wrote:
> Lars Rasmussen wrote:
> >Republicans, Democrats, what's the difference?
> >
> >I wish there were more choices on the national level.
> >
> Ya, but why would you want to waste your vote on a third-party candidate?
> (Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.)

Has there been anyone with any reasonable amount of notice or
influence that has suggested changing the absurd one person one vote
system we currently have?

I was reading about various voting methods a while ago (esp.
condercet) and wondering why it isn't brought up more since the
problems with the current system are so obvious.

And recently I learned that Australia already does use a better
method--not necessarily the best, but definitely better. They use
preferential voting.

Anyway... that would solve the "don't waste your vote" dilemna.