Slightly OT: Pete Ashdown for Utah Senator in 2006

Carl Youngblood carl.youngblood at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:52:06 MDT 2005

Although it is always important to examine a candidate on his/her own
personal merits, I think a good rule of thumb is to root for the underdog
party in whatever state you're in, because they tend to be less extreme and
less beholden to local oligarchies. For example, any Democrat from Utah
would be Republican pretty much anywhere else, and a Republican in
California states would most likely be a Democrat anywhere else.