Slightly OT: Pete Ashdown for Utah Senator in 2006

Lars Rasmussen lars.rasmussen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:38:30 MDT 2005

On 7/11/05, Doran Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com> wrote:
> I have a feeling Orrin Hatch will be seeing some contenders from within his
> own party this next year as well. Regardless of who you vote for, Hatch has
> been in office for far too long and has lost sight of what is right for his
> constituents on a number of important issues like copyright, technology,
> and business regulation.  It's time for a fresh look at these issues and
> others from our senatorial representative.

I will not vote for Hatch or Bennett should they choose to run.
National IDs and advocacy of destroying computers as an enhanced form
of due process come to mind.  I'll vote for the candidate - not the
party - that I believe will best represent & advocate the kinds of
changes I'd like to see.  If that means -gulp- voting for a pro-life
techno-Dem, I'd consider it.

Smaller Government?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Republicans, Democrats, what's the difference?

I wish there were more choices on the national level.
--
Lars