[net] user connection to sshd

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Sun Jul 10 16:02:37 MDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 14:30 -0600, Stuart Jansen wrote:
> Are they now? Last I'd heard they were doing a pretty poor job. Glad to
> hear things have (probably) improved.

Hmm.  I should have looked into things before I posted.  While support
for RH7.3 is still available from them, it appears that RH8 has been
dropped entirely.  So anyone with a RH8 box should disregard what I have
said.  RH8 cannot be kept secure at all.  I guess recompiling relevant
CentOS packages could work to keep up rh8.

RH 7.3, on the other hand seems to have been kept up, with kernel
updates as recent as a few weeks ago.

So I think I'd agree with others.  Get it off of RH8 as soon as possible
and definitely consider the possibility that you have been compromised.

Michael