[net] user connction to sshd

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sun Jul 10 14:04:56 MDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 13:41 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
> I am currently running ssh on a different port (due to NATing and
> fowarding) but I've seen just as many attacks on that port as on the
> standard port.
I'm surprised by that.  I don't see any log-on attempts on my non-
standard port.

> The moral here is that trying to obscure a service by running it on a
> non-standard port will not give you any security.
I didn't really mean it as a suggestion for a security measure.  Jeff
started his email talking about the 1000s of log entries that he sees
daily.  I used to see the same.  After moving my ssh port, my logs are
much easier to analyze.

Gabe