OT Park Flyers

Brandon Beattie brandon+plug at beatties.us
Sat Jul 9 13:01:21 MDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 02:04:31PM -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 13:25 -0600, Brandon Beattie wrote:
> > I'm getting into this RC hobby more and more, and pretty soon it may
> > become a nice lunchtime break.  I was just curious who else on this list
> > flies electric RC planes, and where.
>
> Been doing it for a bout 6 months or so.  I'm to the point where I'm
> going all brushless, and also getting ready to get into aerial
> photography.  I've pretty much learned all I can learn with my e-starter
> trainer (awesome plane to learn on) and now I'm learning how to fly more
> acrobatic planes with no dihedral and uniform wing profiles (a gws
> formosa right now).  Definitely addicting.  I'm also teaching some other
> people how to fly, since I have 2 radios and a training cord.
>
> Anyway, I've been spending a lot of time at www.rcgroups.com, learning
> tips and tricks.  There is a lot of discussion about speed controls and
> brushless motors coming out of asia for very cheap.

I have 3 of the balsa products BP12s, their 10A and two 18A brushless
setups..  For $55 for the motor and esc it's a good deal, and my tiger
moth 400 just about does veritcal with it.  I fly every weekend up in
SLC, but I'd like to fly around utah valley at times, so if you know
anyone getting together, drop me a line..  Geeks and airplanes are a
good mix I think. :)

--Brandon