OT Park Flyers

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Fri Jul 8 14:04:31 MDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 13:25 -0600, Brandon Beattie wrote:
> I'm getting into this RC hobby more and more, and pretty soon it may
> become a nice lunchtime break.  I was just curious who else on this list
> flies electric RC planes, and where.

Been doing it for a bout 6 months or so.  I'm to the point where I'm
going all brushless, and also getting ready to get into aerial
photography.  I've pretty much learned all I can learn with my e-starter
trainer (awesome plane to learn on) and now I'm learning how to fly more
acrobatic planes with no dihedral and uniform wing profiles (a gws
formosa right now).  Definitely addicting.  I'm also teaching some other
people how to fly, since I have 2 radios and a training cord.

Anyway, I've been spending a lot of time at www.rcgroups.com, learning
tips and tricks.  There is a lot of discussion about speed controls and
brushless motors coming out of asia for very cheap.

Anyway, I'm not an expert, but I'm happy to share my experiences with
you.

Michael