UT Lisp Users Group?

Josh Coates jcoates at archive.org
Thu Jul 7 17:31:52 MDT 2005

>If we can't find one, we'd like to start one initially in UT county. We
>plan to have Lisp-learning presentations with exercises, initially
>focusing on SICP (Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs, MIT
>Press) and PCL (Practical Common Lisp, Apress).

excuse the presumption, but let me say what most of us are thinking:

abelson and sussman is a great text and all, but i don't see the wisdom in
starting a user group around lisp.  it's sort of an academic language that
had is very rarely used in industry and aside from a small crowd of die
hards, it's really not much more than an fantastic introduction to computer
science concepts and/or an intellectual toy.  oh, and yes, emacs of course.

but, hey, it'd make for a fun plug presentation. ;-)

Josh Coates
www.jcoates.org

I and a few other friends have been searching for a Lisp users group in
Utah without success. Anyone heard of one that I could be pointed to?

If we can't find one, we'd like to start one initially in UT county. We
plan to have Lisp-learning presentations with exercises, initially
focusing on SICP (Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs, MIT
Press) and PCL (Practical Common Lisp, Apress).

If you're interested in such a group, please contact me off list.

-Roberto

--
People say I'm indecisive.  Am I?  I don't know.