Colocation

Tyler Strickland tyler at tylers.org
Wed Jul 6 00:18:14 MDT 2005

Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:18:07 -0600, "Tyler Strickland"
> <tyler at tylers.org> said:
>
>>Does anyone know of any good/cheap colocation centers around the
>>Provo/SLC area?  I currently have a small VPS plan through Tektonic.net
>>but having my own server would be so much nicer...
>
> I rent a dedicated machine from serverpronto.com for $30/m.  I'm quite
> happy with it.  256MB of ram, very decent bandwidth, and a pretty broad
> selection of OSes pre-installed.  Obviously they're looking to gouge you
> a bit if you want more ram, but the VPSes I've seen start killing
> processes anywhere between 64MB and 128 so it's definitely a win
> compared with that.

That is not a bad price!  I'm currently paying $15/month for 3GB HD,
64MB RAM, and 50GB Bandwidth, so serverpronto's $30 package would be a
nice improvement.  Plus they offer debian installs!  Very tempting...  I
may just rent one of their boxes until I find a need to build something
heftier.

Thanks!

--Tyler