Colocation

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at carnageblender.com
Tue Jul 5 21:47:15 MDT 2005

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:18:07 -0600, "Tyler Strickland"
<tyler at tylers.org> said:
> Does anyone know of any good/cheap colocation centers around the
> Provo/SLC area?  I currently have a small VPS plan through Tektonic.net
> but having my own server would be so much nicer...

I rent a dedicated machine from serverpronto.com for $30/m.  I'm quite
happy with it.  256MB of ram, very decent bandwidth, and a pretty broad
selection of OSes pre-installed.  Obviously they're looking to gouge you
a bit if you want more ram, but the VPSes I've seen start killing
processes anywhere between 64MB and 128 so it's definitely a win
compared with that.

Unless you want to cram some serious iron into an xU (which it doesn't
sound like you're looking to do), this is probably a better option than
colocation.

-Jonathan