Wireless Masochism

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Tue Jul 5 13:56:21 MDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 11:03:44AM -0600, Von Fugal wrote:
> The only pain I see is routing through the VPN once set up. You could
> either use UDP over VPN to do dhcp from the VPN server and set the route
> that way, but then you have to be careful not to lose your route through
> the wireless router.

You don't want to use DHCP over a VPN.  The VPN software does everything
you would want DHCP to do.  Like I said in my first email, I was
extremely impressed with OpenVPN because issues like the one you
mentioned are automatically taken care of.  I didn't have to go through
nearly as many of the details as I had thought I would have to.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/