Wireless Masochism

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Sat Jul 2 11:25:03 MDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-02 at 10:42 -0600, Charles Curley wrote:

> Question: how do I get the security to work with the Linuxant driver
> loader?

I'm afraid that getting WPA working under linux is equally hard with
linuxant and ndiswrapper.  In both cases, you need an external program,
called a WPA supplicant.  Not sure if this is the main one or supported
one, but google turns up http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/

An alternate supplicant is at http://open1x.sourceforge.net/

I know from personal experience it is a beast to get working.  In fact
the only person I know who has attempted it never got it working.
(Bought a powerbook... haha).

Finally a good overview of the technology and linux is http://www.linux-
wireless.org/Wireless/WPA/

Michael