good postgresql guis

Roberto Mello rmello at fslc.usu.edu
Fri Jul 1 13:53:30 MDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 09:16:40AM -0600, Steve Dibb wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good postgresql gui (besides phpPgAdmin)?  I know
> there's a lot out there, but I'd rather not install all of them just to
> find out what works best.
>
> Any recommendations?

Red Hat wrote some good ones for their PG-based Red Hat Database product.
I don't know if they're still being maintained or what.

Unfortunately they re-wrote all their tools in Java recently, so you can
expect the usual Java-ness on those apps.

Red Hat Administrator was pretty good to manage DBs. Although I haven't
tried Visual Explain, I can totally see its usefullness.

http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb/

There's also Tora, which was originally for Oracle, but works for MySQL
and PostgreSQL through Qt's DB layer. It worked very well. Their website
says the oracle product was bought, but Tora is still available on Debian.

-Roberto

--
Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you.