OT: CompUSA Collecting personal information / Is this a trend?

Sasha Pachev sasha at surveyz.com
Mon Jan 31 20:12:15 MST 2005

 > Dan's on Canyon Road in Provo would be my choice! Unfortunately, that
 > is too far to go for milk, as I live in Lehi.

You mean they are not open on Sunday and do not sell alcohol?

How about tobacco, coffee, and tea?

If I could find a grocery store that is Word of Wisdom and Sabbath day
compliant, I would shop there even if the prices were double, and I had to drive
quite a bit of a distance to get there. If you know any, please do not keep it a
secret...

I shop quite a bit at Good Earth (they have a store in East Bay and in Orem at
about 400 S and State) that is almost there - they fail on green tea and I
believe I have seen coffee there before. However their near compliance is not
worth too many points to me. They are a health food store, and you would hope at
least a health food store would be Word of Wisdom compliant. ( I have always
wondered why Americans have health food stores vs regular ones, and why they
would eat something that they call junk food :-) ).

On the positive side, however, Good Earth bananas have been $0.39 a pound for
the last few months, and that is the best price for bananas I've seen short of
Costco's $0.33 (Michael Torrie is probably giggling reading the banana part if
he has good memory) .

And if anybody could find a Word of Wisdom compliant gas station, you get 10^100
bonus points :-) And they would get all of my local gas money, too.

--
Sasha Pachev
AskSasha Linux Consulting