preferred Debian mirror?

Roberto Mello rmello at fslc.usu.edu
Fri Feb 25 13:43:56 MST 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 11:36:29AM -0700, Lars Rasmussen wrote:
> I'm using mirrors.xmission.com
> to install sarge from sarge-i386-netinst.iso but it seems a bit slow.
>
> Which mirror(s) do you suggest?

mirrors.kernel.org is faster for me, but I haven't tested with apt-spy
recently.

> Or post your /etc/apt/sources.list if willing - I'd like to be able to
> install dvdrip, xvid, transcode, and other similar packages after I'm
> done with the base install.

deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

# Acrobat
#deb http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~mquinson/debian unstable main non-free

# Mplayer and other things (but now mplayer is in Debian proper)
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main

Replace unstable with testing for sarge.

-Roberto