Best sleek, trimmed down server distribution

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Wed Feb 23 23:01:50 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 22:45, Kenneth Burgener wrote:
> How is Sarge different from Debian?

Sarge is the codename for the soon-to-be-released version of Debian,
just as the current stable release is known as Woody. Each version is
named after a Toy Story character. Sid, Sarge, Woody, Potato, Slink,
Ham, Rexx, and Bo I believe.

> I am attempting to install Debian 3.0r2, and I would like to partition
> my drive using ReiserFS, but I do not see it on the list.  Does Debian
> not support ReiserFS?

It does, but I don't recall off the top of my head the steps involved. I
see on my most recent install that I'm using reiser for / but I don't
remember what if anything special I had to do.

Corey