Novell & Open Source

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Tue Feb 22 19:52:45 MST 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 06:44:58PM -0700, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 03:04:27PM -0700, Jason Jones wrote:
> >

> I don't know what you're doing, but that sure isn't what I saw. For
> one thing, I never saw anything about pressing F3 or any similar
> messages. This is SuSE 9.2, installing from
> SUSE-Linux-9.2-mini-installation.iso.

I was wrong. There is an F3 option, and several others. Press F3, and
you can change the type of installation from DVD to FTP or NFS. Then
it sets up the hardware. I did not get the NFS installation to work.

I did set up a loopback device for an FTP installation, and that is
running now. It is installing from my local FTP server, using the
loopback device to mount the DVD ISO image.