Data recovery for Linux disks

Sean Kirkby skirkby at
Tue Feb 22 14:32:28 MST 2005

I just read an article in Linux magazine about "The Coroner's Toolkit",
which says that "TCT may not finger the perp, but it can resurrect the
Caveat: I have only read about these tools.  While I think they look
cool, and think they might work, I have no experience with them.

>>> fozz at 2/18/2005 11:00:44 AM >>>

Anyone know or recommend a data recovery service for Linux data? I
unknowingly mkfs'd over a MySQL database. I used 'dd' on the disk
device to
dump raw disk data to a file. It looks like there's still some data
but I have no idea how to go about restoring it.

fozz at is Doran L. Barton, president, Iodynamics LLC
"Take notice: When this sign is under water, this road is impassable."
    -- Seen on an Athi River highway