Suse Install Issues

Eric Jensen eric at emstraffic.com
Tue Feb 22 09:51:27 MST 2005

I'm trying to like Suse, I really am.  But I can't even get it to
install.  Every time it dies at the same place.  Says it is loading Yast
and then I see packages fly by and once it gets to "int.14 soft raid" it
just stops.  I can wait for 20 minutes and nothing will happen.  Tried
FTP/HTTP from various sites, including some recommended here in an
earlier thread.  Have the DVD ISO mounted on our own server and accessed
it via HTTP.  Then tried extracting it to a USB drive and installing
from that.  Don't have any DVD-ROM drives here so I haven't been able to
try that.  Any suggestions before I just throw in trusty ol' Slackware 10.1?

Eric Jensen