SpamAssasin always adding X-Spam-Report

Kenneth Burgener kenneth at uvlug.org
Mon Feb 21 22:59:01 MST 2005

Corey Edwards wrote:
> always_add_report { 0 | 1 } (default: 0)
>         By default, mail tagged as spam includes a report, either in the
>         headers or in an attachment (report_safe). If you set this to option
>         to 1, the report will be included in the X-Spam-Report header, even
>         if the message is not tagged as spam. Note that the report text
>         always states that the mail is spam, since normally the report is
>         only added if the mail is spam.
>
>         This can be useful if you want to know what rules the mail
>         triggered, and why it was not tagged as spam. See also
>         always_add_headers.
>
> Corey

Exactly what I was looking for, but I added it to my
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file and it isn't adding the report.  I
am running Spamassassin v3.0.0.  I get the following error:

kenneth at linux:~> spamassassin --lint
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: always_add_report  1
lint: 1 issues detected.  please rerun with debug enabled for more
information.

I see where it describes the always_add_report option on this site:

http://www.cts.wustl.edu/cts/help/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html

So I am confused as to why this option is not working.  Here is my
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file.  Maybe something there can shed
some light to this problem.

---begin---
# Should we tag the subject of spam messages?
rewrite_header Subject *****SPAM*****

# How high a score is considered spam?
required_score          3.0

# How should spam reports be inserted into the message?
report_safe             0

whitelist_from          *@kennethburgener.com

# Spam report will be included in the X-Spam-Report header, even if the
message is not tagged as spam.
always_add_report       1
--end---

Thank you,