vonage

Dr. Jones drjones at vii.com
Fri Feb 18 14:38:44 MST 2005

Merrill:

I took the plunge several months ago with Vonage.

I got tired of spending the bucks for my wife to call her mommy and
siblings all the time in other states, racking up the long distance
charges.

I signed up for Comcast cable, and then got Vonage to hook me up with
the $24.99 home account. My wife went along, kicking and screaming,
until she finally realized that the phone worked, that she could call
anyone, anywhere in the USA..and it was just one charge. Now, I can
never get her off the phone now. After proving Vonage at home, I had it
installed to work at my office, and have used it here now for the past 4
months.

Vonage, and I assume the VOIP offerings from others, are, in my humble
opinion, not yet for the faint of hear; the penny wise among us, if
sufficiently determined, will benefit, but if someone needs lots of
handholding, I am not sure VOIP is ready for them.

For what it's worth...

--
Dr. Scott S. Jones
Hands-On Chiropractic