3D video drivers

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Thu Feb 17 16:31:28 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 16:15 -0700, Levi Sorenson wrote:
> Does anyone have opinions about the future of video drivers for Linux?

For my money I'm sticking with Nvidia, binary driver or not. After
seeing what happened to 3dfx and open source DRI I'm convinced that
right now graphics drivers don't fit into the OSS model. I can't give
you a reason why, but I can give you plenty of examples. Nvidia has done
a great job of maintaining their driver. Works great for me.

Corey