Job: System Administrator
hans at fugal.net
Thu Feb 17 14:31:38 MST 2005
Wencor is looking for a system administrator in a heterogenous
environment. I can answer any questions you might have about the
position. To apply, visit http://www.wencor.com/info/jobs.html and send
in the application linked to from there to jobs at wencor.com,
Cc hfugal at wencor.com.
Systems Administrator (Springville, Utah)
* Administer, maintain, and configure/build servers.
* Manage network and configurations for switches, hubs, servers, routers, remote access (VPN clients), and VPN/frame-relay Network (remote offices).
* Administer user accounts on Linux server, Citrix Servers, and Notes/Domino Server.
* Employee support for end-user applications; windows, office applications, general user support, user training
* Help establish best practices
* Self-motivated/Task Oriented
* Friendly / Good communication skills - Can work with end-users, explain things, be patient.
* Detail oriented - thorough in implementation, roll-out of changes, and testing.
* Organized - Organized in all areas of work including approach to projects and prioritization of tasks. Organized in wiring, layout of equipment and the network in general.
* Can solve problems / Knows how to find answers to problems.
* Creative - can think up new ways to solve problems using technology
* Administration experience with Windows NT/2000 networking (PDC/BDC)
* Familiarity with thin client computing such as Microsoft Terminal Services and/or Citrix Metaframe.
* 2+ years experience with Unix/Linux servers. Experience installing, configuring, upgrading, administrating, and troubleshooting servers.
* Hardware: Solid hardware experience including SCSI, RAID (0,1,5).
* Linux Servers: SAMBA, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Lotus Notes/Domino 6.x, Apache, shell scripting.
* Networks: Netscreen Firewall/VPN Appliances, Cisco Routers (limited), Wireless Networking.
* PCs: Thorough knowledge of all aspects of PCs (hardware, software) and PC networking.
* End-user Tools: MS Office, Wordperfect Office, OpenOffice, Lotus Notes 6.x, ODBC.
.O. Hans Fugal | De gustibus non disputandum est.
..O http://hans.fugal.net | Debian, vim, mutt, ruby, text, gpg
OOO | WindowMaker, gaim, UTF-8, RISC, JS Bach
GnuPG Fingerprint: 6940 87C5 6610 567F 1E95 CB5E FC98 E8CD E0AA D460
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://plug.org/pipermail/plug/attachments/20050217/92ad3038/attachment.bin
More information about the PLUG