Novell & Open Source

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Wed Feb 16 13:56:01 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 12:30 -0700, Sean Kirkby wrote:
> Why does OpenOffice.org suck?  Wondering if I am missing something...
> I have really been surprised at how complete it seems to be (I even
> got MailMerge working with our MySQL-based CRM system)... am I in for
> a rough ride on some important point if I try to use this in
> production?

"make it not suck" is often used to mean the the product can be better
in several obvious ways.  I find that the current OO.org is good enough
for all my office needs but 2.0 will be a very welcomed release.  And at
that point, I hope that we will be able (without much pain) to replace
MS Office company wide.

Gabe