Novell & Open Source

Daniel Timpson dtimpson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 13:54:22 MST 2005

For those that don't have DVD drives in there machines, you can mount
the dvd iso to a loopback device and then create a symlink to the
apache htdocs directory and do HTTP network installs.  The live CD's
can be used to do network installs.  This is the prefered method here
at work because if clients need new packages Yast points to the http
location and you don't have to tote around cd's

Dan