Novell & Open Source

Kyle Robinson ky.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 13:19:50 MST 2005

I think I started using SuSE with version 5.1 or 5.2 back in 97 or 98.
 Back then I would have called it by far the most complete dist being
4 or 5 CDs.  For most people with only dial-up it was awesome to have
so many free applications at their fingertips without having to
download things for hours.  After having worked with it for two or
three years before going into a network security possition I wasn't
surprised to learn that most CISSP and other security professionals
preferred it (back in 2000).  I still use it daily but I'm curious
after moving from an entrenched security position if it's still held
as one of the most secure Linux distributions.
--
Kyle