Novell & Open Source

Eric Jensen eric at emstraffic.com
Tue Feb 15 14:01:51 MST 2005

I expected some questioning since I was vague in that area.  My memory
isn't known to span any length with much detail. ;)

It was a while ago and there was a laundry list of problems.  Two bigs
ones were X and configuration programs crashing and network issues.  No
matter what I did with config files or configuration utilities I could
not get the network up and running.  Every other distro had network up
and running automatically.  I was used to having to get my network
running manually from various server projects, but Suse just wasn't
going for it.  Like I said, it was some time ago and I'm not exactly
sure on the details.  And I probably could have fixed a lot of problems
given enough time, effort, and knowledge.  But my point is, why should
you when you have at least half a dozen other distros that work
fantastically right out of the box.  Maybe I just got a bum install,
either way it really turned me off.

Eric