USB / CF Reader problems

Michael L Torrie torriem at
Tue Feb 15 13:07:30 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 12:27 -0600, Matthew Frederico wrote:
> Yes, /dev/sda is the only scsi device connected.  I don't know why it
> doesn't have a number.
> Anybody have any ideas?

Try using fdisk /dev/sda to create a partition and format that.

You should know, however, that formatting any compact flash card to ext2
ruins it in my experience.  I would say it is most likely that the card
is bad and needs to be replaced.  Older cards also were ruined by
formatting it to fat32 (newer ones are ok, especially the cards over 2