Deleted File Recovery Through SSH

Matthew Frederico mfrederico at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 06:42:59 MST 2005

The only way you can recover deleted files (in my experience) is to
either dump and look at the /proc/kcore file (which is impossible in
FC) or to cat your whole HD to and grep through it for known content.

e.g.: # cat /dev/hda1 | grep "deleted.file"

These aren't eve sure fire ways, but it has helped me in the past
recover some files.

-- Matt

--
-- Matthew Frederico