Cool PHP stuff (almost)

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 12:26:14 MST 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:03:51 -0700, Mike Heath <mike at cycletime.com> wrote:
> There's not a clear answer as to if/when it will be included in the J2EE
> specification but you can already use it with Tomcat and any other
> compliant Java web container.  It just doesn't come "out of the box"
> with any web container that I'm aware of.
>
> -Mike

That JSR looks really cool.  It's actually a scripting extention for
Java as a whole.  They are using PHP as an initial scripting language
to test the specification/implementation. However, perl, python, and
other scripting langs can (and probably will) be included as well
(Jython already exists, but this will be a standard way of integrating
a scripting lang).

-Bryan