Cool PHP stuff (almost)

Mike Heath mike at cycletime.com
Mon Feb 14 10:03:51 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 18:14 -0700, Barry Roberts wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 11:26:14AM -0700, Mike Heath wrote:
> >
> > If you're looking to implement a multi-tier system with PHP, you should
> > also check out JSR 223 ( http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=223 ).
> >
> > It's still in early access but it looks very cool.
>
> Based on the history of the JCP, does anybody have any guesses as to
> when this will be part of the J2EE standard?  Or, more importantly,
> when will it be included in Tomcat?

The JSR will go to Public Review Ballot on 22 Mar, 2005.  Assuming it
does not get vetoed, it will be finalized 28 Mar, 2005.

There's not a clear answer as to if/when it will be included in the J2EE
specification but you can already use it with Tomcat and any other
compliant Java web container.  It just doesn't come "out of the box"
with any web container that I'm aware of.

-Mike