For the record...

David Smith DavidSmith at byu.net
Mon Feb 14 08:20:33 MST 2005

<quote who="Hans Fugal">

> In any case, my point was that we are now at least to the point windows
> was 5 years ago. 5 years ago many people would have laughed at the very
> idea.

Now there's a comment I can agree with, and no, Gabe, my previous comment
was not tongue-in-cheek. :P In fact, I'm writing this email in Ubuntu on
my laptop right now. :) Suspend doesn't work, dual-head doesn't work, and
it locks up when I close the lid I'm sure there are good reasons for this.
There always are (now, *that* was tongue-in-cheek). I don't know if Win2k
would have faired any better, but Linux is definitely not ready for my
desktop.

--Dave