Cool PHP stuff (almost)

Mike Heath mike at
Fri Feb 11 11:26:14 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 10:57 -0700, Barry Roberts wrote:
> When there's a phpBeans protocol server for Mono, Python, and Java,
> this could be REALLY cool.  I think.  Has anybody used this yet?

If you're looking to implement a multi-tier system with PHP, you should
also check out JSR 223 ( ).  This is
the Java scripting specification.  The early access release allows you
to embed PHP in Java.  This would allow you to run PHP code from inside
a Java web container giving you the flexibility to invoke EJB's and any
other remoting API supported by Java.

It's still in early access but it looks very cool.