mailing in php

Merrill Oveson moveson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 08:56:28 MST 2005

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  I found a very eloquent solution:
An example is as follows:

Notice the $message = <<<EOF

I didn't know one could do this - very convenient!

<?php
    $to = "johndoe at fakedomain.com";
    $from = "janedoe at anotherfakedomain.com";
    $subject = "This is a test email";
    $message = <<<EOF
        <b>Hello World!</b>
EOF;
    $headers  = "From: $from\r\n";
    $headers .= "Content-type: text/html\r\n";

    $success = mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
    if ($success)
        echo "The email to $to from $from was successfully sent";
    else
        echo "An error occurred when sending the email to $to from $from";
?>