Calling Regex Experts

Tyler Bird BIRDTY at uvsc.edu
Fri Feb 11 08:45:16 MST 2005

Dan,

I don't know if your using php, but perl had a word boundary \b you
could use
and I don't know why you have ([^_]) at the end of your regex
considering what your trying to match.

try:

/(\b[^\$]blahblah)/gi

Tyler

Tyler Bird
UVSC - Continuing Education

>>> dan at acucore.com 02/11/05 7:18 AM >>>
Ok... so I claim to have a working knowledge or regex, but I cannot
seem
to get this one right.  Here's the problem:

I have text which contains multiple values that I want to manipulate.
Let's say it looks something like this:

"... blahblah the brown fox jumped over $blahblah ..."

I want to manipulate/replace the 'blahblah', but not the '$blahblah'.
How would I go about doing this?  I've got the following regex, but it
doesn't do the trick:

Any help would be great!

-Dan

| This has been a P.L.U.G. mailing. |