configuring SMTP. Sendmail on FC3.

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Wed Feb 9 22:24:08 MST 2005

Not long ago, Wade Preston Shearer proclaimed...
> I have been googling without success for a Sendmail tutorial. Can
> someone point me in the right direction? or perhaps offers some help in
> person. The server is running FC3. It is installed and running. I can
> POP and IMAP mail down. I cannot send though and need to configure it
> to require authentication.

Edit the /etc/mail/sendmail.mc file. It's pretty well documented.

For starters, find the line that sets it up only to listen on 127.0.0.1 -
remove the 127.0.0.1.

Then type 'make -C /etc/mail'

and then '/sbin/service sendmail restart'

The authentication stuff is in there as well. Make sure you have the
saslauthd service running.

-=Fozz

 "After you vomit, you rinse your mouse and if you can eat, eat. "
    -- From a Japanese guide for pregnant women