Taxes

Merrill Oveson moveson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 08:40:40 MST 2005

Are you set up as an LLC?
If so, all profit, that is whatever is left over after earning revenue
and substracting expenses is considered profit.  This profit is taxed
as ordinary income.
Many LLCs set up a separate bank account, then they keep track of how
much money they pull out to live, and report that as their income.

My wife and I own an LLC and that's essentially how we do it.  We do
include as much as possible as business expenses, for example, our
computer, desk, etc was all counted as a business expense, even travel
time for (business purposes)  in the car can be deducted at $.30 per
mile, or something like that.  There's nothing that say's you can't
visit a client in southern california, but take the family and expense
the gas and hotel - since you'd have to pay that whether the family
comes or not.  But hey once you're down there you can take the kids to
Disneyland - but the entrance fee into the park is not legally
deductable.

My aunt does taxes professionally and she's excellent.  She does ours
and is very reasonable, in fact, I save $ by paying her that I'd
otherwise have to give to uncle sam.  Here's her name and phone
number.  Joan Heath 805-937-1447