Accessing Caller ID

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Tue Feb 8 20:06:51 MST 2005

If the modem groks caller ID and vgetty groks the modem, you could do
this with vgetty. You could also do it with asterisk and
asterisk-supported hardware. Getting a single-port FXO card for asterisk
is cheap (see the recent thread about cheap asterisk hardware) and will
be sufficient to do what you want. If you already have the modem, then
take a look at vgetty.